Countries accepting international students 2022.
How to choose the best countries accepting international students to study abroad, settle and work in 2022
Best countries accepting international students 2022:
What to look for when choosing a country of study, and why the most popular countries are attractive for students.
So, you have definitely decided to get an education abroad, but have not decided on the country?
The world is big, and you can choose from classic destinations such as England or America, as well as the most exotic options for studying.
When choosing the right country to study abroad, it is important to consider several main factors and take into account your own preferences. This way you can really get the most out of your student years abroad.
3 questions to yourself:
It is worth starting the choice of a country for obtaining a foreign education with the fact that you honestly answer yourself to three simple questions. This will greatly narrow your search and help you determine your direction.
Where do you want the most?
Quite simply, which country seems the most attractive to you? Perhaps you have always dreamed of living in a particular place?
If you have a goal not only to get a foreign education, but also to stay and live and work in another country, you should choose a country where it is as easy as possible to get a work visa for graduates.
If the main motive is self-development, take a closer look at countries with a completely different culture and language.
If career growth is important to you, then it is worth considering, education in which country will really increase your chances of successful employment?
In addition, you need to pay attention to the country itself, the city and what surrounds it. During your studies and on vacation, you will have the opportunity to travel, and this is also important to consider when making your choice. Ask yourself if you want to study in a country close to or far from your home country? Do you dream of the most familiar environment or, on the contrary, exotic? What climate is right for you?
What can you really afford?
The choice of institution, country and study program depends on which one you prefer. However, one important factor that doesn’t always depend on you is your budget.
At the very first stage, you need to find out how much it costs to study and live in the countries that you like. For example, the USA, Canada, Great Britain and Australia are considered the most expensive student destinations, but many students can afford to study in the Czech Republic, Germany or China.
In some countries, education itself is expensive, and the daily costs are even lower than in Russia. In other countries, for example, in Switzerland, study is inexpensive, but you have to spend a lot on living.
When choosing a country based on your budget, do not forget to also inquire about the possibility of obtaining a scholarship that will partially or fully cover your expenses.
What do you want to study?
Some countries are famous for their education in specific fields. This is often due to the fact that this field of activity is an important component of the culture, economy or history of a country.
For example, law, archeology and international relations are popular subjects in England. Many countries at one time even borrowed the British justice system, and archaeologists from local universities work around the world. Students often prefer to study fashion and design in France and Italy. If you are interested in politics and economics, then you should choose the USA. Excellent programs in journalism and hospitality are offered at Australian universities.
Best countries accepting international students 2022 | What else should you pay attention to?
When choosing a country for study abroad, it is important to take into account other factors that will help determine the direction.
It is definitely worth being aware of what the ratings say. For example, QS World University Rankings, ARWU Academic Rankings, THE (Times Higher Education) World University Rankings and The Guardian.
When studying the rankings, you need to focus on universities in your specialization. If you want to study finance, then it makes sense to look at the ranking of The Financial Times. The website topuniversities.com also provides an overview of the world subject ranking of educational institutions.
However, we do not advise you to rely only on ratings and put them above personal preference. For example, in the ranking of universities with the best MBA programs, all the top lines are occupied by American educational institutions, but this does not mean that you have to go to America for an MBA degree, even if you are not attracted to this country. Excellent business programs are also offered in Asia and Europe.
You rather need ratings in order to get a more complete and real picture of the current situation in the international education arena and to make the most balanced choice.
Feedback from other students
On the Internet and on our website, you can find student reviews about universities and countries. This is a great source of information to help you take a fresh look at the study areas that interest you.
When choosing a country to study abroad, we recommend that you carefully read the reviews and interviews of students who already live and study there, with blogs of local residents and even with travel notes.
However, there is one “but” here as well. When reading all kinds of reviews, remember that they are all subjective, and do not take someone else’s opinion as the only true source of data. Of course, if you have such an opportunity, it is better to visit the proposed place of future study yourself and personally assess its pros and cons.
Why do students choose this or that country? Best countries accepting international students 2022
We have analyzed the situation in the most popular academic areas in the world and are ready to tell you why the countries that are often chosen by foreign students are especially attractive …
Best countries accepting international students 2022:
- Melbourne is ranked 3rd in the QS Best Student Cities 2019 ranking of the best student cities in the world.
- Despite the fact that many foreigners are already studying in Australia, this country has a simple and transparent procedure for issuing student visas.
- While studying in Australia, foreign students have the right to officially earn up to 20 hours a week, so most students also receive a decent salary.
- After studying at an Australian university, it is quite easy to obtain a work permit for foreigners, which is issued for 12 months with the possibility of renewal.
- The Australian society is one of the most international and international student-friendly in the world.
- Russian students can enter Austrian universities immediately after finishing 11th grade.
- Studying in Austria is quite cheap, only $ 1,650-3,300 per year. It is cheaper than most European countries with a similar standard of living.
- In Austria, foreign students have the right to officially earn up to 10-20 hours a week during their studies.
- After graduating from an Austrian university, a foreigner can stay in the country for 6 months. This time is given to him to find a permanent job.
- More than 60% of the territory of Austria is mountainous, so this country is the best place for winter sports enthusiasts.
- Great Britain has a huge selection of educational options. There are about 400 universities and colleges in the country that offer over 50,000 study programs.
- There is a convenient centralized system for submitting documents to UCAS universities.
- The initial salaries for graduates of British universities are among the highest in Europe.
- London was named the best student city in the world by QS Best Student Cities 2019.
- British education is one of the most prestigious in the world, the culture is one of the richest, and the nightlife is one of the brightest.
- Studying in Hungary is cheaper than in many European countries. On average, education costs $ 2,200-4,500 per year.
- While studying in Hungary, students can legally earn extra money.
- Foreign students in Hungary can apply for the Stipendium Hungaricum state scholarship, which fully covers the cost of studying in the country.
- Hungary is a calm European country with a fairly high standard of living and education, while the cost of living here is quite low.
- Learning Hungarian can be difficult, but you don’t need to know it to study in the country, every year local universities offer more and more English-language programs.
- Germany is one of the few countries in Europe where foreigners can still get free higher education.
- There are more than 400 higher educational institutions in Germany, so students have one of the widest choice of study programs in Europe.
- It is easy for graduates of German universities to get a job and stay in the country after graduation; about 50% of foreign graduates of local universities remain to live in Germany.
- Germany is one of the most developed, prosperous and comfortable countries in Europe. By the way, it is cool to live here not only in Berlin, but also in Munich, Hamburg, Cologne and Frnakurte.
- Germany is generally recognized as the best country in continental Europe for technical education. At the same time, you can study in both German and English.
Also read this: Cheapest Universities in UK for International Students
- Hong Kong is renowned for being one of the most modern, international, hospitable and business and entrepreneurship-oriented learning destinations in the world.
- English is the official language in Hong Kong. And this is great news for foreigners!
- The crime rate in Hong Kong is one of the lowest in the world.
- Hong Kong offers graduates the best job opportunities and is one of the world’s premier financial centers. Little Hong Kong has 70 of the world’s 100 largest banks.
- Hong Kong is one of the best travel starting points throughout Asia, as well as Australia and Oceania.
Best countries accepting international students 2022:
Republic of Ireland
- Ireland is one of the most economically developed countries. Companies such as Google , HP , Apple , IBM , Facebook , Linkedin , Twitter , Pfizer , GSK, and Genzyme are represented here .
- Historical Ireland is considered the best country to study literature, humanities and culture.
- Ireland is famous for its very friendly and hospitable people; foreign students are always welcome here.
- The population of Ireland is very young, 40% of the country’s population is young people under the age of 25.
- Ireland’s rich history and stunning landscapes combine with a modern approach to education, high public safety and convenient infrastructure.
- Italy is on the list of the most affordable countries in Europe for expats.
- Italy is also home to many world famous universities, including some of the oldest universities in Europe.
- Higher education in Italy is cheap, on average $ 850-1,000 per year.
- The history and culture of Italy is one of the richest and most inspiring in the world. It is this country that leads in the number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Italy is perfect for creative students and freedom-loving individuals. Here you will be surrounded by art and fashion, you can enjoy delicious food, meet many new friends and walk late, because Italian cities (especially in summer) really come to life only by 9-10 pm.
- If you want to study in North America and safety is of paramount importance to you, Canada is the place to go. While Canada is ranked 6th in the list of the safest countries in the world, neighboring America is only 119th in the same ranking.
- Canadian Montreal is the only city in North America to be ranked in the top 10 best cities in the world for expats.
- Canada is a unique blend of modern cities and amazing nature. At the same time, the country is very diverse, with warm and cold regions, oceanic beaches, lakes, glaciers, forests and delightful natural parks.
- Most of the inhabitants of Canada are expats and descendants of immigrants. Over the past century and a half, more than 15 million foreigners have moved here, making Canada a truly international and very tolerant country.
- English and French are spoken in Canada. Any of these languages will be enough to live and study in this country.
- By entering a Chinese university, you will follow the global trend. At the moment, China is becoming one of the most popular study destinations in the world. Over the past 10 years, the number of foreign students has doubled here.
- A number of Chinese universities are already competing with American and European universities.
- At the same time, studying and living in China is much cheaper than in other popular student countries.
- There are a lot of English-language study programs in China. By the way, not only at the master’s level, but also at the bachelor’s level. Therefore, it is not necessary to learn Chinese.
- You can enter a Chinese university immediately after completing the 11th grade of a Russian school.
- Malaysia is in the top 10 of the cheapest countries to live in the world, living here costs $ 588 per month.
- Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Malaysia, was voted one of the top three cities in the world to live in by expats in the InterNations Expat City Ranking 2019 poll.
- With a combination of high quality education and a unique academic environment, Malaysia remains one of the top destinations for students looking to study in an exotic country.
- The process of applying for a student visa to Malaysia is one of the easiest and fastest among all the countries in our review.
- After graduating from a Malaysian university, a foreign graduate receives an Employment Pass, which allows him to stay in the country for at least another 2 to 5 years.
Countries accepting international students 2022:
- The Netherlands is one of the most liberal and tolerant countries in the world, where you will feel comfortable regardless of your beliefs, appearance and preferences.
- At the moment, the Netherlands is one of the leaders in Europe in terms of the number of English-language study programs for foreign students, there are already about 3,000 of them on offer!
- The student community in the Netherlands is very international, with students from more than 160 countries coming here.
- The Netherlands is considered one of the best countries in Europe for studying trade, economics, business, communications, marketing and modern design.
- Studying in the Netherlands costs less than in North America or the UK, on average $ 4,000-6,000 per year.
- New Zealand is ranked 2nd in the Global Peace Index 2020 as the safest countries in the world, behind only Iceland.
- New Zealand’s economy is one of the fastest growing in the modern world. Therefore, it is easy for graduates of local universities to find work after graduation.
- New Zealand universities offer high quality education. Eight local universities are included in the QS World University Rankings 2020.
- In New Zealand, students can combine study with work. In this case, you can work up to 20 hours a week.
- New Zealand is one of the few countries in the world where you can become a student at any age! And yet, the country is distinguished by relatively low entrance requirements for foreigners.
- In Polish universities, you can study in Polish or English. Studying in Polish costs, on average, $ 1,000-01,500 per year, while studying in English costs from $ 1,500 to $ 3,500.
- Poland is distinguished by a wide range of educational institutions and programs; more than 400 universities operate in the country.
- Graduates of schools from Russia and the CIS can immediately apply to Polish universities and are not required to take any preparatory courses and programs.
- After graduating from a Polish university, the student is given a whole year to find a permanent job in Poland. During this period, he will not need other grounds for staying in the country.
- Accommodation in Poland is one of the cheapest in Central Europe.
- According to the InterNations Expat City Ranking 2019 survey of expats, Lisbon is the best city in Europe for foreigners.
- Studying in Portugal is an opportunity to get a quality education and learn Portuguese, the sixth most spoken language in the world, spoken in Europe, South America, Africa and Asia.
- Accommodation for expats in Portugal is one of the cheapest in Europe.
- In addition, Portugal was ranked 3rd in the list of the safest countries in the world in 2020.
- Portugal is stunning beaches, good-natured and relaxed people, beautiful music, delicious food and almost 300 sunny days a year!
Countries accepting international students 2022:
- Safety is an important benefit to living in Singapore. According to the Global Peace Index 2020, Singapore is the safest country in Asia.
- Singapore is also one of the most multicultural states in Asia, which is reflected in its culture, traditions and cuisine.
- Singapore’s English proficiency is one of the highest in Asia. More than 75% of the country’s inhabitants speak English. Higher education here is also offered entirely in English.
- Singapore was recognized as the most innovative city in the entire Asia-Pacific region. It is a hub for technology and IT, and the electronics sector accounts for 5.2% of the country’s GDP. At the same time, the largest research centers in Singapore are located in its universities.
- And also, Singapore is one of the cleanest and greenest countries in the world. In many ways, this is an achievement of the local “anti-garbage” policy.
Also read this: Agbami Scholarship 2022
United States of America
- America ranks 7th in the world in terms of starting graduate salaries. After completing their undergraduate studies, graduates here receive an average of $ 4,336 per month.
- American business school MBA programs are among the best in the world.
- American universities offer the highest quality and most prestigious education. It is the US universities that annually lead the ranking of the best educational institutions in the world, the QS World University Rankings; in total, the rating includes 157 American universities. This is more than in any other country in the world.
- The United States is home to a beloved campus university culture. Most of the universities here have their own territory, are separate campuses and offer students not only education, but also accommodation, meals and rich leisure.
- Another advantage of American universities is a developed sports culture. Most educational institutions have their own sports teams, and students are offered the best opportunities for free sports.
- It was Finland that topped the ranking of the happiest countries in the world by the United Nations World Happiness Report 2020.
- The starting salaries for graduates in Finland average $ 3,777 per month. Thus, according to this indicator, the country ranks 10th in the world in the Forbes ranking.
- Finnish doctoral studies are free for all students, regardless of nationality. You can also study for free if you are enrolled in a program taught entirely in Finnish or Swedish.
- According to the reviews of foreign students, many of them chose Finland because of the affordable cost of education, as well as numerous scholarships and grants from local universities.
- In Finland, foreign students can legally earn extra money while studying, the country also provides all the opportunities for graduates who want to stay and work here after receiving a diploma. More than 50% of foreign students of Finnish universities plan to stay in Finland after their studies, while 30% of them associate their future with this particular country.
Best countries accepting international students 2022:
- France is among the top 10 countries in the world with the highest graduate starting patches. Here they average $ 3,889 per month.
- France offers a unique combination of high quality and affordable education. Studying at a bachelor’s degree in public universities here costs, on average, € 185 per year, and in private universities – about € 1,500 per year.
- A very diverse country with a rich culture and history, France is ideal for students who like to travel and for creative people.
- France is widely recognized as one of the world’s leading centers for the study of fashion, culinary, humanities and arts. Research education is also developed here.
- Another strength of French education is its business schools and engineering schools. There are over 200 prestigious engineering schools and over 220 business schools in the country.
- Living in the Czech Republic is cheaper than in neighboring European countries, and the quality of life is about the same.
- In public universities in the Czech Republic, higher education can be obtained completely free of charge.
- It is easy to stay in the Czech Republic to live and work after graduating from a local university, even if you were not immediately recruited into an official job.
- After finishing the 11th grade of the school, graduates from Russia and the CIS countries can enter directly into Czech universities. At the same time, you can go to the Czech Republic even after grade 9 by enrolling in a local gymnasium.
- In the Czech Republic, a large number of English-language study programs are offered, there are completely English-speaking universities. In addition, you can find programs with training in German and even Russian. However, you can only study in Czech for free.
- The Czech Republic is, first of all, a scientific and technical education. It is for affordable technical education that students from all over the world come here.
- Switzerland is in the top 3 happiest countries in the world according to the United Nations World Happiness Report 2020. In addition, it is a very safe country.
- Small Switzerland can rightfully be called one of the most diverse countries in the world. Switzerland is 26 different federal states, 4 official state languages and a completely international society.
- According to Forbes, it is Switzerland that ranks 1st in the world in terms of starting salaries for graduates. Bachelor’s graduates here earn, on average, $ 7,062 a month.
- Foreigners make up more than 25% of the total number of students in Swiss universities. The country is ideal for those who dream of living in a multi-ethnic and multicultural state.
- Switzerland has long been a popular student destination for studies in banking, business, hospitality and hotel management.
Countries accepting international students 2022:
- Sweden is an ideal destination for science and technology education. Huge funds are invested in modern technical developments and scientific research, and most scientific centers operate on the basis of universities. Not surprisingly, Sweden is among the top 3 most innovative countries in the world in the Global Innovation Index 2019 and Bloomberg Innovation Index 2019.
- The crime rate in Sweden is very low, it is a safe and prosperous country.
- If ecology and environmental protection are important to you, you will feel at ease in Sweden. Sweden is a leader in waste recycling, recycles 99% of waste and even buys waste from neighboring countries. And also, this is a very green country, 2/3 of which is covered with forests.
- 90% of Sweden’s residents speak English at a very high level, and there are also many English-language programs on offer. So, you don’t even need to know Swedish to live and study in Sweden.
- Sweden ranks 6th in the world in terms of graduate starting salaries. In this country, undergraduate graduates earn an average of $ 4,355 per month.
- K-pop, cool local food, blending innovation with traditional culture are just some of the things that South Korea attracts students from all over the world.
- Compared to other popular Asian destinations for young people such as Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore, living in Korea is significantly less expensive.
- Koreans are rightly considered to be very good-natured and hospitable people who are emphatically good with foreigners.
- South Korea even has a special program to attract foreign students to local universities. Thanks to this program, the process of applying for and applying for a student visa has become as simple as possible.
- Korea is home to a number of world-renowned universities such as Seoul National University, Korea University and Yeonse University. Nevertheless, Koreans live by the principle of “work hard, play hard”. Metropolitan Seoul and other Korean cities are renowned for their vibrant nightlife and entertainment.
- Tokyo is ranked 2nd in the QS Best Student Cities 2019 ranking of the best student cities in the world.
- As in South Korea, Japan has a government program to attract and support foreign students. Among other things, graduates who want to stay and work in the country after graduation receive support.
- There is a wide variety of study options for students in Japan. There are more than 700 universities in the country, and a large number of programs are offered in Japanese and English.
- Japan is the safest and most prosperous Asian country. Medicine is well developed here as well. Insured students pay only 30% of the cost of treatment, and doctors and dentists are significantly less expensive than in North America and Europe.
- Studying in Japan is not only about getting in touch with the unique traditional and modern culture of this country. The Japanese economy is the 2nd largest in the world, the country is ranked 3rd in the world for the production of automobiles and the 1st place for the production of electronics. Thus, excellent opportunities for internships and employment in cool companies open up for students. Specialists in the field of engineering, banking, IT and pedagogy are especially in demand here.
Share this post, “Best countries accepting international students 2022” with your friends.