National Shutdown in South Africa over prices hikes 2022.
National shutdown in action? Chaos as N4 BLOCKADED by trucks.
After blockading the N4 on Wednesday morning, protesters in Mbombela fulfilled their goal of a national shutdown.
Following truck blockades of significant portions of the N4 and other nearby regions on Wednesday morning, threats to shut down major commuter routes in protest over the cost of petrol have been made.
N4 BLOCKADED, AS NATIONAL SHUTDOWN ENTHUSIASTS TAKE CREDIT.
It is believed that taxi drivers in Mbombela really commandeered a number of vehicles. The morning hours saw some significant disruption to the city’s key thoroughfares, and the previously blocked N4 has only recently reopened.
National Shut down in South Africa today over prices hikes 2022: Why Was The N4 Blockaded?
The gatvol demonstrators all targeted the following routes:
- Intersection at the Sasol garage well as N4 blocked for about 2km from Karino
- Taxis blocked the road near the Police Station on Bester Street
- One road is blocked on R40 at Bosch Street off-ramp
- A blockade was reported in Andrew Street
- Wolfaart Road was obstructed with rocks.
- Plaston Road at the three-way stop is blocked, as is the petrol depot at Platsak.
- N4 split on the bridge is obstructed
- Bosch Street at SAB breweries blocked, as was the R40 Robot between SARS and Crossings
- Trucks also obstructed the intersection at Union Motors.
Also read this: Blessnnachi – Rap Chain 7 ft Ofour2 mp3.
Millions of South Africans are on the verge of famine as a result of rising gas prices and all-too-frequent blackouts. Since the cost of living crisis hasn’t improved throughout 2022, the situation has gotten worse. Many dissenters believe that the moment has come to make a firm decision.
Last month, there were threats of a national shutdown. But alas, it seemed that most of the plans had vanished. What disruption, if any, will occur as a result of the events in Mpumalanga this morning is unknown; nevertheless, those who blockaded the N4 are taking these protests VERY seriously, so make no mistake about that.
Video coverage: National shut down protesters in South Africa cause carnage on the roads.
Share this post, “National Shutdown in South Africa” with your friends.